Saturday, March 28, 2015

Eton at Dusk

Knowing that the clocks would be springing forward on Sunday morning, and the skies would be brighter at closing time from next week, I decided to take the scenic route from the shop to the car park on Thursday evening.




I turned right outside Tastes Deli and headed for the river, turning right again onto Brocas Street then under the new Rafts Boathouse flats to the Thames riverside.


The waterfront there was pretty and peaceful with the twinkling lights of Windsor and ballet of swans (I did check that and the internet agrees ballet to be the collective noun for swans). I'm not foolish enough to think the swans were enjoying my company or eager to be photographed. I know they followed in anticipation of food, but their company was a bonus.




I wandered along beside the Thames for a bit, then back across the Brocas to the car park. Only added a few minutes to my commute, but a very pleasant way to spend them.

Next week I shall have to work later if I want to catch the sunset. And next month it might even be warm enough to picnic!





No comments: