Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fast Food

I like to cook. But I also like to work in my shop, which sometimes doesn't leave a lot of time for cooking. You've probably noticed by now that most of the recipe suggestions I post here and on pinterest are not really recipes, but more ideas of what things you can throw together to create something tasty. I like to think that still counts as cooking.

This dish is another example of things hurriedly thrown together and tasting great. It's one of my favourite super-fast emergency-dinners made entirely from things I can grab on my way out of the door of my shop!

Boil saucepan of water and throw in really good quality slow dried pasta (it cooks in less than five minutes). I used some squid ink tagliatelle from our new Casa Grande range.
Meanwhile get everything else ready: chop a handful of sun dried tomatoes (or open a jar of the pre-chopped sun-dried tomatoes), flake some of Mike's Smokehouse manuka smoked salmon fillets (I used one starter size pack to serve two of us) and open a jar of pesto.
When the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the hot pan.
Throw in the tomatoes, and salmon and a tablespoon of pesto.
Give it a good stir and serve, seasoning with some freshly ground black pepper.

I know I can make this in less time than it takes to get a take away delivered.

No comments: