Sunday, July 01, 2007

Stratta Tasting Day

One of the best things about running my own shop is seeking out, finding and meeting talented and friendly producers. This weekend, my customers got to meet two such producers when John and Mary, of Stratta, came along to hold a tasting day. It was a miserable day weather wise, but we had a good turn out. The tasters went down well, with a lot of positive feedback (which won’t be a surprise to anyone familiar with the products). Customers really appreciated being able to try things and hear first hand what to do with them. And I really enjoyed having John and Mary’s company for the day (plus they were very useful when it came to adjusting the door closure and selling liquorice!).

I’ve now extended the range I offer and carry five different sweet fruit vinegars and six infused extra virgin olive oils (including two chilli oils; one hot and one very very hot). I’ve also stocked up on more of the preserved lemons, which now feature in Sarah Raven’s Garden Cookbook.

No comments: