Saturday, July 07, 2007

Strange Sightings

View from shop doorIt isn’t uncommon for something unusual to take place in Eton. It also isn’t unusual to see the odd famous face around. But this week has been particularly bizarre.

On Tuesday, the third of July, we experienced a thunderstorm, torrential rain, and a hailstorm. Not exactly summer weather! And on Friday I spied a very famous chap, also quite out of place.

As anyone who has tried to play that six degrees of separation game with me will know, my “who’s who” knowledge is rather limited. But this week even I recognised our famous visitor... Father Christmas...In Eton... In July...

Father Christmas!It appears he had a lovely day, took an open top bus tour and rode the Royal Windsor Wheel. He should be back again in about five months time, when the weather is bound to me more or less the same!

No comments: