Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Good days and bad days

Things haven't been progressing as well as usual over the last couple of days. The chap sanding the floor found it was taking him longer than he expected. Then his wife had to go into work unexpectedly and the only way we could keep to schedule was if I baby sat for the day. Then the sander burnt out and it all came to a halt anyway. I spent yesterday alone in the shop waiting for people who didn't turn up and passed the time painting the bits of wall and ceiling that I could get to without moving any of the heavy tools. Not a technique recommended by the experts!

But then I met with a couple of lovely producers who are going to supply fantastic things to the deli and today building work resumed. The wooden floor is still under consideration but progress is being made on the back room and the weather has been wonderful. I sneaked off mid afternoon, treated myself to a new rake and have spent the past hour adding to my blister collection working in the garden in the sun.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

It would be nice to sneak of and work in the garden. I sneaked of instead this morning and started stripping a chest of drawers we brought on ebay. It looked like someone had put brown felt tip on it not what we thought we where getting. I have relised my link to you is wrong - sorry I will correct it. Its all looking lovely have you got an opening date in mind?