Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Royal Berkshire Show

This weekend was my first visit to the Royal Berkshire Show, and I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I intended to just pop along to see the local food producers, but ended up staying far longer than I expected. I met Mike Cooper who was launching his cold pressed rapeseed oil, and saw a number of other producers whose products I already stock: Anila’s Authentic Sauces were as popular as ever, as were Susie’s preserves and the bread from GW Shepherd & Son. I did see a few new producers whose goods I may stock in the future. But I also ventured out of the food tents and saw amazing horticultural displays, beekeepers, falconry, garden furniture and the occasional horse and dog. I had a really enjoyable day and came away with tired feet and slightly more plants than it was possible to carry!

No comments: