Friday, February 07, 2014

Revisting the Isle of Eton

Since my photos of the floods on the 11th January, the water has subsided, risen and subsided again. Three weeks after taking the first set of photos I went back to the same locations. I wasn't planning to do this and had neither the correct footwear, or time to do it properly. But I did take a few snaps, in roughly the right places, here they are for comparison. I'd like to think that in a few more weeks I will be able to return on a bright and sunny morning and take more pictures. But I'm not promising anything!

The Brocas 11 Jan

The Brocas 1 Feb

Barnes Pool 11 Jan

Barnes Pool 1 Feb

Meadow Lane 11 Jan

Meadow Lane 1 Feb

South Meadow 11 Jan
South Meadow 1 Feb
River Thames 11 Jan
River Thames 1 Feb

2 comments:

Windsor Honey said...

I've been worrying about you and the shop all week, and now the water is set to rise again....!

Karen (@ Tastes) said...

Shop has been fine, and the levels have fallen a lot, so there is some capacity for more rain to come. I've been worrying about the bees! Warm with wind and wet is not great for them is it?