Monday, June 10, 2013

Baking with Dulce de Leche

For this week's home baking I followed a recipe I pinned to our Dulce de Leche pinterest board a while ago. A butter flapjack with a layer of rich Dulce de Leche caramel.  The recipe was from the Sweet Life Bake blog.

My top tip would be to use Dulce de Leche at room temperature (straight from the fridge it is hard to spread without damaging the flapjack base). Sadly, I scrimped on the caramel (there is A LOT of butter and sugar in the recipe and it scared me!). My caramel layer was a bit meager, and I'm sure these would be better with a thicker layer (like in the original recipe photograph). They are still delicious, next time I might try less sugar and more Dulce de Leche. There will be a next time!

But first I need to try one other recipe from our pin board before I devour the rest of the jar of Dulce de Leche!

No comments: