Saturday, May 30, 2009

Henshelwoods Jams and Mustard

We are often asked where we find all our stock. And to be honest I'm always on the look out for new products and find them all over the place. One range in particular, has a particularly unusual source...

I use the post office in my home village (as well as the one in Eton, of course) and the postmaster knows who I am and all about the shop. A few months ago a regular post office customer came in to excitedly collect a parcel, got chatting to the postmaster, Raj, and told him all about the contents of the box; jams and mustard from Henshelwoods. She loved the products but couldn't get them anywhere locally so had them sent from Scotland. Raj suggested she contact me. A letter was written and passed to me, on my next visit to the post office. I contacted Henshelwoods and before long their award winning jams and mustards were making their debut in Eton. (And I was providing a mail order delivery service to my home village!).

No comments: