Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Soup-er Duper

One of the first new things to appear in the deli as the result of the speciality food fair I attended last month is Rod & Ben’s Organic Fresh Soup. Rod and Ben make the soup on their organic farm in Devon. After meeting them at the show, they sent me a pot to try, which I warmed, popped into a thermos and took on a walk a few weeks ago. I’m sure enjoying hearty piping hot soup watching the boats go by on a cool autumn day may have biased my judgement, but it really was very good soup. Thick and full of flavour. At the moment we’re trying four flavours, in 600g tubs (enough for two bowls):
Beetroot & Cumin
Leek & Potato
Soup of the Month, which is Mushroom & Tarragon
Plus a Vegetable Broth with Pesto (which is the only one to contain wheat/gluten).

This week’s fresh veg is the same as last week, the only exception being there are a lot more pumpkins and they are a lot bigger!

No comments: